The entire train was sold to the Union Pacific in March 1950. MOON GLOW retained its name throughout its life and received the number 9015 in March 1956. The car was converted for mid-train use in 1959.
The train's first assignment was as the City of Seattle, traveling between Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. The loco and cars soon went into pool service and were often run with other UP equipment.
Seen here is the rear access ramp.